Hey everyone, Natalie here. We had another busy week last week with a variety of updates and new product features. Keep reading to get the latest!
Instagram Introduces New Way to Organize Saved Posts
Instagram introduced a new feature that allows users to more efficiently organize their saved posts. Users now have the ability to save posts right to a collection or add posts already saved to a collection.
— Instagram (@instagram) April 17, 2017
Facebook Announces New Features at F8 Conference
This past week, Facebook announced amazing new features at their F8 conference, where developers from all over come together to discuss the future of technology. The new features include:
- New Facebook “Spaces:” A new app that enables users to interact in a virtual environment as if they were in the same room together.
- Chat Extensions: This new feature enables multiple users to chat with the same business at the same time.
- Order Food Through Messenger: The Messenger Al assistant M now enables you to order food through www.delivery.com!
- Places Graph: This feature gives users free data access to places around the world. From customer reviews, photos, and addresses users can now access almost anything they need to know about a specific location.
- Discover Tab for Messenger: Right from the home screen of the Messenger app, this feature allows users to easily find the bot they’re looking for.
- Parametric Messenger Codes: This new feature enables users to scan messenger codes through the messenger camera and link them directly to brands or businesses.
- Smart Replies: This feature aids pages in answering frequently asked questions such as business hours and contact information.
SnapChat Enhances In-App Camera
Snapchat has introduced a new feature for their popular lens filters. While using the rear-facing camera, all users have to do is simply tap the camera screen to find the new 3D lenses.
Google Analytics, AdWords, and Webmaster Updates
New updates for Google Analytics have made it easier for users to better understand their audience. The first update being to their homepage, users are now able to see an overview of key aspects of their online presence such as a small curated set of Google Analytics. The last update is the new “discover page,” this page showcases new enhancements to Google Analytics and offers products that users may find useful while using the program.
Google has also launched a new way for advertisers to reach customers more efficiently on Google Display Network (GDN) called “smart display campaigns”. This new feature uses Google’s machine learning to automatically find possible customers, create imagery that fits anywhere across the GDN, and sets the right bid to meet performance goals.
Lastly, a quick recap on how Google fought web spam in 2016 from the Google Webmaster Blog. As the year progressed, Google continued to enhance their algorithms and any spam that wasn’t censored through them was handled manually by sending notifications to website owners and security notifications via Google Analytics. Google also received help from users, in 2016 they received over 180,000 spam reports, 52% were eventually deemed as spam.
Twitter Introduces New Way For Marketers to Reach Consumers
This week, Twitter introduced a new way for marketers to effectively reach their audience: “In- stream video ads” which allows marketers to run in- stream ads to align with videos.
Did I miss anything? If so, please drop it in the comments below.
That’s it for this week, thanks for reading!
I’m a self proclaimed “searchaholic.” I provide direction that assists my company and our clients with increases in brand visibility, qualified traffic, leads and sales. Coffee aficionado, chess enthusiasts, proud dad.